Individually Managed Accounts
Individually Managed Accounts
DNR Capital is one of Australia’s leading providers of Individually Managed Accounts (IMAs). We have a professional investment team, with a proven ability for managing portfolios across the major asset classes that historically have outperformed the market.
The DNR Capital IMA offers financial advisers and their high-net-worth investors a transparent, flexible and tax-efficient private investment portfolio. Unlike managed funds, investing in an IMA allows financial advisers and their clients to have complete visibility around the investments that are held in their portfolio and what transactions impact on their portfolio. The DNR Capital IMA acts as an outsourced direct investment management solution for financial advisers, where the financial adviser governs the asset allocation of the portfolio and can provide DNR Capital with specific investment instructions about how the portfolio should be managed.
DNR Capital provides portfolio management across the major asset classes, including:
Once the financial adviser determines the appropriate asset allocation for the client and any appropriate additional tailoring of the portfolio, DNR Capital then assumes control of the day-to-day running of the portfolio. This service includes the following investment and administrative functions:
What is an IMA?
IMAs are investment portfolios managed to the particular objectives of each investor. Unlike managed funds, assets are beneficially owned by the investor and are not grouped with those of other investors. An IMA combines the benefits of professional money management, with the flexible control and tax advantages of owning an individual portfolio. In addition, investors have the flexibility to tailor their own portfolio, advising DNR Capital of stocks that they may, or may not, wish to hold in their portfolio.
What are the benefits of an IMA for financial advisers?
- Active, professional investment management of the portfolio: Ideal for advisers who are comfortable with outsourcing portfolio management or who want to provide clients with a direct equity solution without the added risk and administrative burden.
- Investment choice and customisation: Portfolios are customised to suit clients individual needs, risk profile and investment strategy. The client can influence the construction of their portfolio, for example, if you do not wish to invest in gambling stocks, these can be excluded from your portfolio. This flexibility is not possible through a managed fund.
- Transparency: Website access to portfolio reporting provides constant access to information about portfolio holdings, transactions and fees.
- Tax efficiency: Beneficial ownership of investments allows for consideration of individual circumstances and greater tax-planning flexibility.
- Accessibility, portability and flexibility: Existing Australian equities can easily be transferred into (or out of) an IMA for clients and provided there is no change in beneficial ownership, it allows an adviser to move a client’s portfolio to another strategy without triggering capital events. Additionally, the client can request cash deposits and withdrawals or close the portfolio at any time.
- Hassle-free ownership: All portfolio administration is managed by DNR Capital, including corporate actions, dividends, tax record-keeping and reporting. The adviser can provide the client with a direct equity investment solution with no more administrative burden than that of a managed fund.
- Communication: DNR Capital communicates material portfolio changes to supporting advisers. This allows the adviser to understand at all times what’s happening in our portfolios and communicate these changes in detail to clients.
- Data feeds: DNR Capital offers data feeds to financial planning and accounting software providers that allows for the transfer of client information, ensuring advice offices remain as efficient as possible.