Separately Managed Accounts
Separately Managed Accounts
Australia’s leading providers of Separately Managed Accounts (SMAs) turn to DNR Capital to deliver investment management expertise for their SMA platforms that are made available to intermediaries such as financial advisers.
Separately Managed Accounts are investment portfolios managed by DNR Capital where the investor maintains beneficial ownership of the investments and both client and the financial adviser get full transparency of the underlying assets.
What are the benefits of SMAs for financial advisers?
A SMA provides similar benefits to that of an IMA, with the benefit of a lower initial investment contribution. With the client having beneficial ownership of the underlying assets in the portfolio, the client and financial adviser access the following benefits:
- Active, professional investment management of the portfolio: Ideal for advisers who are comfortable with outsourcing portfolio management or who want to provide clients with a direct equity solution without the added risk and administrative burden for their business.
- Accountability of the manager: Given the total transparency of the service, the manager is continually accountable to the investor.
- Transparency: Website access to portfolio reporting provides constant access to information about portfolio holdings, transactions and fees.
- Tax efficiency: Beneficial ownership of investments allows for consideration of individual circumstances and greater tax-planning flexibility.
- Accessibility, portability and flexibility: Existing Australian equities can easily be transferred into (or out of) a SMA for clients and provided there is no change in beneficial ownership, it allows an adviser to move a client’s portfolio to another strategy without triggering capital events.
- Hassle-free ownership: All portfolio administration is undertaken by the SMA platform, including corporate actions, dividends, tax record-keeping and reporting. The adviser can provide the client with a direct equity investment solution with no more administrative burden than that of a managed fund.
- Communication: DNR Capital communicates material portfolio changes to supporting advisers. This allows the adviser to always understand what is happening in our portfolios and communicate these changes in detail to clients.
How to access a DNR Capital SMA?
The following SMA portfolios are made available for financial advisers from DNR Capital:
- DNR Capital Australian Equities High Conviction Portfolio
- DNR Capital Australian Equities Socially Responsible Portfolio
- DNR Capital Australian Equities Income Portfolio
- DNR Capital Australian Listed Property Trust Portfolio
These portfolios are available through a number of administrative platforms, including the following providers:
Please contact these providers directly for further information on how to invest and obtain legal documentation such as a Product Disclosure Statement and other important information.
If you require further general information on SMAs, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org